Howlorihara's avatar

Howlorihara

• the one place with people
  • Joined Aug 16, 2011
  • ? / F

Black Cat

Aug 17, 2011

Story:  The story was decent and I was definately entertained enough to watch the entire series.  However, as far as plots go it was not particularly original nor was it incredibly well told.  It was an old story about an assassin who starts questioning his way of life and sets out on a journey to, ultimately, save the world.  I have seen this plot line done very well, just not here.

Animation: The animation was fine.  There weren't any pannels that I could complain about but it was nothing remarkable.  It definately isn't one of those shows where you feel the need to pause it just to look at the beautiful art.

Sound:  I didn't find most of it memorable.  I enjoyed the opening and closing theme songs.  However, the rest of the music was not distracting but didn't really do anything to intensify the scenes.

Characters:  I could have dealt with any of the previously mentioned flaws in the anime if the characters had been better.  I did not think any of them stood out and I ultimately saw them all as stereotypical.  Train is the fighter with a big appitite who obviously have a problem with authority or anyone having control over him.  I sort of saw him as another version of Naruto, Black Star and Ed Elric (then again I do tend to find these characters irritating.)  Sven didn't stand out much to me.  In fact, I didn't watch the show very long ago and I had already forgotten about him.  Eve was a very dull character for me.  I think stoic characters can be done well, however, I felt that the writers didn't develope enough levels for this character.  It seemed as if they gave her the stoic level and a level that cared about people and they concidered their job over.  I was just completely underwhelmed by all of the characters.

This show was ultimately pretty average to me.  I can see how some people would think it's fun but I just don't see it as anything special.