default avatar

• Joined Feb 10, 2013
  • ? / F

Sailor Moon R

Apr 25, 2013

Story: I am sorry but I just can't seem to fully love Chibi-Usa(Rini). I know she is a kid and she hasn't learn much yet and you can't expect much from an 8 year old but still I don't enjoy her character. The story truly will revolve around her so it's interesting. I will say that I love how this storyline is based on the future so you get a glimpse of how life will be. I enjoyed the future scenes in the show but wished it was as good as the first season.

Animation: Animation is better than the first but it's still not the complete best. Like my previous review of Sailor Moon, you can't really compare this series with something made in 2013. So with that said, I think it's pretty good animation. There was a huge upgrade in artwork that I noticed from the first season like brighter and bolder use of color. I felt that it was a lot more colorful than the first and I really enjoyed that.

Soundtrack: I always enjoy a Sailor Moon soundtrack because they tend to use the same or similar music and I like that. I don't mind having new music but something about the old music just makes my heart melt. I love the overall soundtrack of Sailor Moon because it reminds you of certain scenes. I am always a fan of the Sailor Moon Soundtrack.

Characters: Again, great in depth characterization of each Sailor Scout. What I liked most about this series was how in depth they went into the villains. You get to learn so much about them and why they act that way. It's always a great for me to know how and why a person is who they are. Everyone is born good and it's how you are raised and what affects you that makes you an evil person. I love being able to be compassionate towards the villains in the show. On the other hand, I don't like Chibi-Usa's personality but that's just me. (Yes, I don't like the kid, but that's only in this series. I find her more enjoyable in season 4).

Overall: I would say it is not as action packed as the first season but it's still a really great show to watch. This season is my most unliked season of the Sailor Moon series because I can't stand Chibi-Usa(Rini). But the future scenes are so amazing and I just love how Neo Queen Serenity looks like. She is everything I imagined and she looks just like her mom. Chibi-Usa looks more like Queen Serenity of Silver Millenium(Princess Serenity's Mom from Season 1). Overall, still a likeable season but there's better seasons.

9.8/10 animation