Hanae567's avatar

Hanae567

• Joined Feb 10, 2014

Bleach

Feb 24, 2014

I actually thought I would never see myself watching bleach because of the huge hype it has and because it was a long series. A year before, while I was watching naruto, my sis and I went to a library nearby and saw they had the bleach manga series. While my sis was reading 5 volumes, I got bored of it after just reading volume 1, so you could say that I dropped it. But in the middle of November 2013 I just started watching for no apparent reason and I'm so glad I did. I've seen many of the characters like Hitsugaya Taichou, Yoruichi, Grimmjow, Ukitake and many others, so I was pretty excited to see how they would fight.There were some areas in the show that got me so pissed like the fillers (which are to be expected) and the change in the plot. In a detailed manner there are alot more areas that rubbed me the wrong way but I want to keep this review pretty small. (can you really call this small...?) If you want me to write a more detailed review about this anime I'd be more than happy to do so. Alright here is what I think about the following:

Story: I really liked it although it doesn't get that good until about the 16th episode, so this anime is not for the impatient. The plot changes very quickly in season 1 because I thought the show was gonna be about ichigo protecting his family and friends from hollows but then you see shinigami, bankai, espada, quincies and your like where the hell did they come from?! But what Tite did (which was really smart) was he got a powerful beautiful shinigami named Rukia to connect the whole story together, so it all works out.

Animation: Tite's art really inspires me!! His unique way of shading, his art doesn't look like that annoying generic anime style, and it just looks classic. I honestly didn't like how the art was changing through-out the series. If it stayed the way it was and I'm talking about how it looks in the first few volumes in the manga (got to MangaPanda.com, go to bleach and click the first chapter and you'll see what I'm talking about) I would've praised this show alot more.

Sound: Omg the first opening is just too epic, and the soundtrack is one my Top 3 favorite soundtracks of all time! Just hear "Nothing can be explained". I love how the songs are very unique and are in all genres.

Characters: With so many freakin' characters it can be very very difficult to find your favorite. There are Shinigami, Espada, Quincies, Vizards, Captains, Adjuchas I mean the list never ends!! I do have a favorite though, Ukitake Taichou <3!!! I find him so hot for a possibly 500 year old man who has TB. If he did not have that disease...................(dirty thought activated ^^)lol

Overall: I had fun watching this show and it definetly deserves the hype it has.

9.5/10 animation