Inuyasha thoughts as of the first season
Started watching Inuyasha with my sis since we were liking Ranma so much. Here are some thoughts so far.
- Good gravy, Sesshomaru should win the Terrible Character Olympics. He has no personality of any kind. None. Alice and I created the whimsical fiction that he's secretly a glam rocker just to keep from being bored to death every time he's on screen. I call him Sesshy Mardust sometimes.
- The English dub shares a bunch of actors with Hamtaro and it confuses the heck out of me! I keep expecting Kagome to write in her diary and address Hamtaro, for Shippo to start building something, or for that Jar Jar-ish monster who follows Mardust around to ramble about Auntie Viv.
- I keep wanting to be Phoenix Wright and cross-examine the characters, because even after the addition of a villain in disguise, the first scene in the first episode is irreconcilable with their testimonies :( How did the jewel get to that room? How did Inuyasha attack the village if he was waiting for Kikyou and then got attacked by fake-Kikyou's arrows? It bothers me.
- On that note, I love how Viz renders the name of the jewel as something different every time it is mentioned. Set translations aren't ALWAYS bad, guys. They're fine for proper names.
- I love Miroku because he's a huge troll and that's awesome.
- I don't understand why/how Kagome is supposed to love Inuyasha or vice-versa, but if I ask how their behavior reflects their feelings, my sister just says I don't understand anything and headbutts me. She does this when we watch Ranma, too. Girls are weird.
- If you ask me, Kagome should just wait for Shippo to grow up and marry him, since he's nicer and cuter than any of the other guys who are after her. Just give him a couple of years and he'll be the best catch of all.
- Sometimes they mention Kaguya or someone and I'm just "WTF?" because the Touhou character is the first one who comes to mind.
- Stop saying Kikyou and Kagome look alike, you guys. It's a Takahashi work- everyone looks alike. The lady knows exactly two faces.
- The backgrounds are so beautiful that it hurts. Seriously, I'm known to tune out the actions and dialogue and just look at the pretty forests.