Galadriel's avatar

• Joined Jun 24, 2009

Koi Kaze

Dec 6, 2009

Koi Kaze (Love Wind)

Plot: "If life teaches us anything, it is that love sometimes happens in the most unlikely of places, with the most unlikely of people. Koshiro is a run-of-the-mill salaryman who has recently been dumped by his partner. With his heart broken and hope lost, he soon comes to realize that he can love again, once he sets eyes on a beautiful young schoolgirl riding the train. However, there is one catch -- this girl named Nanoka is his sister, who he has not seen in years. Knowing that their forbidden love will always be scrutinized by society; will Koushirou and Nanoka be able to resist the temptation?" (site synopsis)

Story: Before begining with the review, i have to express my opinion, my thoughts, about this anime.On one hand it is enjoyable, a touching anime, with some realy nice drama aspects but on the other hand the incest theme really bothers not only me but i think everyone who is watching or will plan to watch this anime in the near future.The thing that is nice in this anime is that it has a very well defined realistic aspect, the same thing we meet in KGNE (Kimi ga Nozomu Eien).As we might predict, like most of the well known drama series, one of the best points is the story development and Koi Kaze belongs to that category of course.It has a very deep drama aspect, deep emotional feelings.The story is centered on a 28 year old guy named Koishiro.Recently he just got dumped by his life partner and he moved toghether with his father.This event affected him pretty much since he almost gave up his social life and he could not concentrate at work.One day he finaly comes to realize that he can love once again, especialy when he crosses path with a high school girl, love at first sight is the right definition.However at that time he did not knew that the girl he set eyes was infact his little sister, Nanoka.Even though his father told him that she will come to live with them, since he seen her when he was a kid he completely forgot how he looked like.After a while he realized that she infact is his sister but only when both of them cross path with their father.This anime is another example that love can strike at the most unlikely of place with the most unlikely of people.Even when Koishiro found out that she is his sister, his feelings towards her did not change, infact they developed even more.Struggling to suppress his feelings towards her, knowing that this kind of love will never be accepted in the society, he ignores her, and acts in a cold way when she is around.The story of this anime is like split in half, in the first half we get to see Koishiro struggling to understand his feelings towards and to suppress them, and in the second half we see Nanoka who develops a crush towards him, struggling to understand her feelings as well.Enjoyable or sinful? well this depends on what you are looking for when watching this anime.Even for me, i liked the drama aspect of this anime and the way it developed but what i dont like and i hardly beared was the incest theme (the same like in Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru).Despite the fact that this anime has the bothering incest theme, we need to appreciate that the story is well developed.

Animation: In terms of animation, this anime isnt so great, it does not offer something new that catches your atention but it fits the moods and the atmosphere in this anime.As i said before the anime is pretty realistic, and the animation style and design and as well how it is organized it proves that im right. Related to sound, i want to say that it is not that bad, the OSTs fit the anime mood and environment, the opening is one of my favourite anime OSTs, i kinda find it enjoyable, listenable (this is just my opinion).The background sounds are pretty decent as well, and the voice actors did a great job.

Characters: It might time me days to talk about how good Koishiro and Nanoka were developed in this anime, but i dont have that much free time though.The character development in Koi Kaze is probably the best point in this anime since like 95% of this anime is mostly focused on them. The personality of the two main protagonist are already established from the first episodes without leaving flaws.Both of them pass through all phases of love confusion, sorrow, despair, joy and happiness even though they are siblings we see them having a constant battle supressing their feelings.

Overall: Whether you like it or not, i dont realy care, this is not realy a review made from my point of view this is the truth of this anime. I got to say that i enjoyed it even though the incest theme kinda bothered me but in other ways it was touching and nicely made. My guess is that if you like drama animes then for sure you will enjoy this one, but if you think that you cant bear watching something so sinful like incest then dont watch it.If you stay and think abit this anime makes you think about your moral values, its not like you dont learn anything from it, because we know that we can also learn from other peoples mistakes.Im damn sure that the story of this anime will remain in my mind for the rest of my life.

~Enjoy and Cya Around~