Galadriel's avatar

• Romania
  • Joined Jun 24, 2009

Blood+

Blood+

Plot: "In world where flesh-eating monsters roam the streets, only one organization has the means to save civilization from annihilation: Red Shield, a specially-organized unit designed to fight these monsters, and the only weapon that can destroy them: Saya. Awakened from a 30-year sleep, Saya is thrust into a modern world which she has no memories of, and is troubled by a past filled only with bloodshed and sadness. With the undying love and support of her family and friends, she struggles to gain the strength to move forward and regain the pieces of her shattered memories." (site synopsis)

Story: Well related to story this anime is quite impressing and very interesting.It would take me days to describe how good Blood+ is in terms of story. The story is centered on a apparently normal high school girl named Otonashi Saya. She is living toghether with Kai, Riku her brothers and George, her father. One day when she went back to school she gets atacked by a mysterious creature named Chiroptera. At that time a strange character make an appearance. The characters is named Haji and he shares his blood with her and suddenly Saya turned into a machine killer. I realy need to mention that this anime is engulfed with an astonishing mystery aspect. A good part of this anime is alocated for Saya's quest to find her lost memories. Few people knew who she really is and whats more interesting is that she lost her memories also so her connections with her past were cut. From now on toghether with Haji and helped by an organization named Red Shield, Saya makes a long journey with the purpose of discovering her past and later on after she discovers it, to confront it. It doesnt take long until this anime turns into a drama though and the things start to get interesting especialy after Saya's "father" George dies at Yanbaru. As she discovers more and more about her past she gets involved with some weird atackers named Chevaliers. Chevaliers are former humans that drank the blood of a Saya or Diva. As the story develops more events happen and more characters are revealed. This anime exceeds in terms of mystery and drama aspects which are very influent in the story development, it makes it watchable, captivating, enjoyable at some points but also heartbreaking. What i need to mention here is that this anime has probably one of the best endings. Even though the astonishing drama aspect makes you think that this anime will end tragicaly fortunately it doesnt and it even ends in a great way. Concidering that the movie was a big failure (i'm not only refering to it in terms of story or characters but also the animation got out-dated and the sound seemed to do not be in harmony with the atmosphere of the movie) i didn't really expect much out of this one (however i recommend the live-action movie that came out in 2009 of The Last Vampire, its slightly better) but it managed to make me addicted after just passing through the first episodes, making me yearn for more and stay glued by the screen for days. Unlike other shows Blood+ focuses alot more on story and character development and less concentration on animation quality or sound quality even though they do have some strong points in these aspects as well. If people look for a thought-provoking story then they should not overlook this show because its one of a kind.

Animation and Sound: In terms of animation this anime isnt bad but also not that good.I realy liked the character designs of some of the characters especialy Saya, Haji and Diva.The rest were decent also but i think that there was room for me improvements.What i didnt like at all was the design of the chiropteras (not too familiarized with them). Related to sound this anime is close to excelent.I realy enjoyed some of the opening songs and also ending song which realy fit the anime environment but what i liked the most were the background sounds/songs which were marvelous and fit this anime to the fullest.

Characters: Regarding characters this anime is also briliant.We can speek about a masive character development in this anime.While at the begining we start with like 5-6 main characters around the middle the number of characters tripled if not even more than that.However around the ending the number of characters decreases.I realy liked how Saya, Diva, Haji and the other Chevaliers were developed and described in detail couldnt ask for more.In terms of characters this anime is awsome.

Overall: Watchable, sometimes enjoyable, very dramatic, filled with action, with a warm romance aspect around the ending.In my opinion it is kinda hard to hate Blood+.Not only that it combines mystery/action themes with drama aspects in a succesful way but the character and story development makes Blood+ pretty unique.It has a place of its own from my point of view.

And a sexy one for fans:

~Enjoy and Cya around~

9.5/10 story

Yanagi13 says...

Nice review. As a tiny suggestion, I should probably tell you that "a" and "an" are indefinite articles used before words. "A" is used primarily before words beginning with a consonant sound, whereas "an" should only be used before words that begin with vowel sounds.

Example: "I bought a dog." (The noun "dog" is pronounced without the dragging /n/ sound)

Example: "I saw an owl outside today." (The noun "owl" is pronounced with the /n/ sound)

Still, great review. I look forward to your next one.

Yanagi13