Galadriel

The Third - Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo

23 OCT
2009

Plot: "In a post-apocalyptic future, where the world has turned into a desert and the remains of humanity live under the rule of the Third – beings with a third eye on their foreheads. Accompanied only by her tank's AI, Bogie, Honoka tries to make a living as a handyman on the edge of civilization, and she tries to avoid resorting to violence as much as possible; but when situations demand it, she and her sword become a force to be reckoned with. When Honoka is hired by the mysterious young man named Ikus, the Third suddenly take great interest in them; and thus, Honoka’s story truly begins…" (not my work, this is the site synopsis)

Story: The story is centered on a teenager girl named Honoka and her partner Bogie.Honoka tries to make a living as a jack-of-all-trades and tries to avoid resorting to violence as much as possible especially against other humans.One day when she was traveling in the desert she gets to meet Ikus which in the future he will accompany her.Some tragical events such as the death of Zankan changed her life and she gets to fight Blue Breaker one of the Thirds best weapons.As the story develops Honoka's past and true powers are revealed and also the mysterious Ikus reveals who he realy is at the end of the anime.

Animation: The animation of this anime is very well made infact i dont have much to complain about it.Also im pleased with the character design the only complaint i have is about Ikus (i realy expected him to look better then that!)

Sound: Nothing to complain about the sound either.The opening song is one of my favourite songs (Yuko Sasaki - Sajou no Yume) and also the background sounds are very well thinked and fit the environment of this anime.

Characters: As for characters well got nothing much to complain also.Honoka was developed well her past and emotional feelings were evidentiated also Ikus which at the begining was engulfed in mystery as time passes he slowly reveals his true goals.Again one of my favourite characters that i truly like was Paifu mainly because of her careless personality but always a person that kills without having a second thought.Lets not forget about Milly the cutest character in this anime and the perverted doctor which realy made me laugh at episode 3.

Overall: This anime from my point of view i think is under rated.I heard from some friends that it was even awarded as the best anime (i dun remember the year but if i find out i will edit this review) thats why i started watching it thinking that i wont regret it and it got to be that way.What im saying is that this one is "emotionaly intense" since the living thoughts of the characters are very well evidentiated centered on Honoka of course.I highly recommend this anime for those who like action/adventure/drama/superpowers animes.

~As always just my thoughts~

Here are some pictures:

And here are some videos:

And for Fans:

Even if you are treated with kindness at night,

You must not be boiled

The long gone past

The undecided future

The light from a distant galaxy

The mirage in front of you

There is nothing that is certain

You are able to chase your dream

You continue to chase your simple dream

You are able to continue living on this planet

People

Proceed with your difficult dreams

Come and leave for a journey

With the sigh of the stars and the whispering wind

Be led by the night's children's blessings

No matter where you travel,

There is no end to the arrival of tommorrow

-By Dana Myfree as recited by Honoka, from The Third - Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo

overall score: 8.5/10

Otome Youkai Zakuro user review by Galadriel

Otome Youkai Zakuro

• Animation 9.5/10

comments

TehSneakyBeaver avatar TehSneakyBeaver
Aug 2, 2011

The screenshot with her Third eye is sort of a spoiler... Not that it wasn't fucking obvious what was under the headband from the get go, but it's a spoiler none the less.

Pangea avatar Pangea
Jun 1, 2011

Awesome anime!! I found it in your profile, thanks!! 10/10

I love female protagonists, the anime gets soooo much better!!

panicinduced avatar panicinduced
May 1, 2011

P.S, i also wonder, where do you watch most of your animes?

panicinduced avatar panicinduced
May 1, 2011

hello, just want to let you know how i appreciate your reviews especially when you end it with screenshots from the anime :D thank you!