FreddyCrab's avatar

• UK
  • Joined Oct 20, 2011

Nyoron Churuya-san

Jan 17, 2012

Story: Nyoron Churuya-san is one of the oddest animes I have ever seen. It actually takes the mickey out of the show it is from. Its....odd O_O

Each one of these 2 minute episodes is a short story about Churuya on her quest for smoked cheese. I did not find these particularly entertaining to watch, but two or three episodes were fairly good and they did get a few odd laughs out of me. Just a few.

Sadly, the remaining eight or nine of these episodes remaining did nothing for me. I found them dull, uninteresting and, to be quite frank, pointless. I think as a whole this whole series WAS pointless. It in no way had anything to it like the original Haruhi Suzumiya anime. It did not make you want to watch the original anime. In fact, it STOPPED you from watching it.

Animation: Ok, I must admit the animation in Nyoron Churuya-san was pretty good for a web anime like this. Churuya herself I found looking quite impressive and all the backgrounds looked pretty.

Sadly, all the other characters like Mikuru, Nagato and Itsuki looked dreadful. All the other characters except for Churuya and another girl called Asakura had these weird frowny faces all through all the series. I saw no point in this, except to draw more focus to the two characters without these awful expressions.

Sound: This anime had pretty much no music to it, only short jingles. Thankfully, these jingles weren't that annoying. They blended in but were not noticeable enough to compliment the show.

Characters: Well.....where to begin... Churuya's sudden obsesson for smoked cheese came out of nowhere and was just... weird. Asakura was a funny character to watch though, throughout various episodes she would attempt to confess her undying love to Kyon- though where these feelings of hers came friom I sure don't know.

As for the other characters, they were all the same dull, cruel characters. I thought Kyon was good, he got a few laughs out of me, but Haruhi, Itsuki and Nagato I didn't like. Mikuru however I liked more in this state: no longer used for pointless fanservice, she was no longer waltzing around the screen with her F-cup breasts and squealing like a baby when a single speck of dust comes her way, I found the boring Mikuru much more likeable.

Overall: Would I recommend this? No. Not even if you're a diehard Haruhi fan. I saw no point in this, its just too odd for me.

3.5/10 overall