FreddyCrab

Beyblade

17 DEC
2011

Story: The story of Beyblade is just a typical young boys anime, but I found it quite a deal more interesting than Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pokemon, because instead of just mindless fighting and aiming to get to be the Master of Poemon or Top Duelist in the world, in Beyblade there are lots of mini-stories mixed up in it as well, which gives Beyblade more of an air of being more for maturer viewers instead of trademark target audience of 7 and 8 year old boys.

The mini stories also made me love the characters more, since the stories would provide character background and help us learn from the characters mistakes- the last main story of Kai realising the importance of friendship was so cute :3 and all the stories were full of important moral lessons for the viewers.

Animation: Sadly animation in this show is not great, but it could be worse. But I suppose pre-adolescent boys aren't really that bothered- the monsters in the Beyblades looked quite well done, and I suppose thats all they cared about.

Sound: I liked the sound in Beyblade, it suited the target audience and the repetitive tunes may have popped up every single episode, but at least they didn't get annoying.

Characters: The characters in Beyblade are so sweet :D The great deal of character development and background supplied in this anime makes all the characters instantly unique, and the way they are all portrayed clearly defines each one. I think these are some of the best anime characters in any anime except for maybe my top few favourites like Digimon characters or Han-Dan. But for a young shounen anime, the characters are VERY impressive.

Overall: Yes its a simple Pokemon remake, but the characters are so much better, this is more suitable for maturer viewers as well as younger ones, and it always has a multitude of tricks up its sleeve to keep the anime interesting. Its not that bad :)

Other Anime Reviews by FreddyCrab