FreddyCrab's avatar

• UK
  • Joined Oct 20, 2011

Nana

Dec 2, 2011

Story: Id heard so many great things about Nana- its apparently an animated masterpiece of epic proportions what astounds and transports the viewer to a new world. And yes, it IS good- but I just HAD to drop it; the story just didn't appeal to me at all.

I don't know what it is, but stories about showbiz and singing or acting just don't appeal to me- I must have been some kind of weird anti-showbiz  protestor in a previous life or something, because I found this series so uninteresting.

It IS good, the story is interesting, its unique and its told from an interesting perspective, but I found myself keep constantly stalling it and getting irritated at how slowly paced it was. I only just managed to get halfway through this anime after MONTHS of watching and stalling it, I highly doubt I'll ever feel any slight motivation to carry it on for a long time, which is why I must drop it.

Animation: Clearly unique, the animation in this show is great- especially in terms of character designs. All the characers' personalities are easily famed by things like their clothing and hair styles.

Sound: The sound I didn't particularly like lots and lots, but it DID suit the anime.

Characters: These were really great and clear, but I found the main character of Nana (The girly one) irritated me. Her constant whining and crying got on my nerves and I wanted the other, gothy Nana to just slap her and tell her to get it together.

The other characters are impressively etched out. From the bald guy who's really likeable for no apparent reason to gothy Nana's ex-boyfriend who returns to her eventually.

Overall: I can see why this is a highly-ranked show, but for me there was too much focus on showbiz and music, and not enough on drama storylines like pregnancy and romance, like I heard this anime would be about. It just wasn't that appealing to me, but its still an interesting show what I'd recommend, despite my avoidance of storylines about showbiz.