FreddyCrab's avatar

FreddyCrab

• UK
  • Joined Oct 20, 2011

Story:  This special episode of Higurashi doesn't really have all that much for anyone- its not full of gore or deep philosophiocal, engaging storylines for the typical Higurashi fan and its not full of ecchi for all us perverted otaku's who like to see Mion's breasts bouce around and see Rika say her trademark ''Nipaaaaaah!~'' in a cat suit. Its a bit....pointless is the only word I can think of.

Admittedly, the first 10 minutes of this the perverts may like, all the usual suspects of Higurashi lose a card game and end up having to dress up in embarassing and sexualised costumes- but the ecchi wasn't very strong or graphic. It almost wasn't there- the outfits weren't much to shout about, except maybe Mions fur bikini. All the other characters looked relatively normal, except for Keiichi but I don't think many people want him to be all ecchi-fied.

The remaining 10 minutes of this story is purely conversation, in which Mion and Rika tell Keiichi a story about a pit in which people died. I was expecting the crew to go to this pit hole and end up dying there in a brutal way, but they didn't- they just talked about it till the end of the episode, which wasn't particularly interesting.

Animation: Typical Higurashi, the animation was fairly good, but nothing outstanding.

Sound:  Sound in Higurashi is always excellent, this special was no exception. Full of creepy songs, the music creeps the viewer out and creates an eerie atmosphere.

Characters: No character development in this, excapt maybe a little bit of a story about Mion's childhood.

Overall: This is ok if you want a little extra Higurashi to watch and don't really care what its about. But otherwise, its not really anything worth watching.