FotacienShado's avatar

• Guadalajara
  • Joined Dec 12, 2011

Tears to Tiara

Feb 18, 2012

Saw the dubbed version, so firstly i'd like to diss on their atempts on sounding irish/scottish, whatever, it wasn't necessary at all. The story was too common for my tastes, a lot of animes have this kind of fighting for liberty plot, didn't really draw me in. As for the characters, they spoke way too long when they weren't suppose to, their castle is being torn down and the first warrior dude is yapping like crazy. Apart from that it did have a few good moments, but very few. Story didn't really pick up until about episode 6. I wouldn't highly recommend it, but if your into knights and sword fights and myths and such, give it a shot, not really good but not really bad either. By the way, the demon king guy had like one hundred trillion wives yet no one showed their affection except that reannon chick

JJR1971 says...

I usually prefer dubs, but this was not one of my favorites.  I have to give Chris Ayres props for being consistent with his accent for Arthur...a consistently bad Irish accent, but consistent.  Rhiannon was all over the map, drifting from Queen's English to Irish without rhyme or reason.  Tiffany Grant as Morgan was the only one who actually gets the Irish accent right.  One of Arthur's clansmen pulls off a respectable Scottish accent, while everyone else muddles through with generic American or generic British accents.

As I got wrapped up in the story the accents became less and less a distraction, though.  I really did enjoy the series overall by the end.  Arawn is the real hero of the tale anyway.

Apr 15, 2012