Flint879's avatar

Flint879

• Pittsburgh, PA
  • Joined Jan 29, 2013
  • 25 / ?

There are a lot of good things to say about the Higurashi series as a whole. The first season was brutal, bloody, filled with gore and just downright great to watch. The story was confusing though, but the second season put the blood and gore on the back-burner in order to make some sense out of the story. Higurashi Rei was, in my opinion, kind of pointless, but it gave a new "What if?" added to the equation of events. Kira on the other hand...is nothing more than straight-100%-pointless-nonsense.

There is no story to the 4 episodes that make up Kira. It's purely episodic. Episode 1 takes you through of what Keiichi fantisizes about with the girls. Truly, kind of crossing the line. It's almost like a pedophile's dream watching this episode.

Episode 2 consists of Rika becoming a magical girl who has to save everyone from monsters in this thick fog that randomly appeared.

Episode 3 is fairly decent and probably the better one out of the four episodes in Kira. This episode shows you what would happen if Keiichi and Mion had a slight romance thing kind of going on. Throw Rena into that mix and you got yourself a fairly decent episode.

Episode 4 basically shows Rika from another world getting stuck in modern day and has to get sent back. Nothing really exciting.

The animation is top-notch. Compared with the first season, it looks brilliantly vibrant of colors and smooth animation.

The sound is decent. No real memorable opening/ending songs, but the voice actors still return to deliver regardless of the crap the episodes are filled with.

The characters are now kind of ruined for me. After episode 1 of Kira, I can't look at the characters like I used to. I feel dirty after watching that.

Overall I would advise to stay away from Higurashi Kira. Even if you are a fan of Higurashi, stay away from this. It doesn't have ANYTHING whatsoever to do with the story nor is it really entertaining. You can be like me and have to watch it regardless of what people say because I'm a fan. Be my guest, but don't be surprised you hear a voice in your head saying, "they told you so."

3.5/10 overall