Finnel's avatar

• Eglin AFB, Florida
  • Joined Aug 29, 2013

Berserk

Aug 29, 2013

The bulk of the story follows a loner (Guts) who is forced to join a mercenary band (The Band of the Hawk), while coincidently altering the course of history by doing so. I do enjoy the twinge of mysticism that pops up now and again, particularly with the uncanny luck that follows the main character. I found that it gave humanity to most of the main cast of characters by each having their own dreams and origins. The battles are very well thought out and beautifully gritty, a style usually missed with this type of anime. I am saddened however, that they had to cut so much out of the story due to it being too graphic. The Manga reveals that very clearly. The musical score was very well done and fits the overall theme very well. Overall, this series is quite well done. You grow to like the characters by their dynamic personalities, enjoy the battles for action, and look at the subtle humor for a brief respite from the intensity of the series. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone who loves in depth characters and lots of action.