Why register?

make an anime and manga list, and more! all free!

Theme

Ferret205

about me

Sorry guys, I'm an extremely boring person and I really only use this site to keep track of what I want to watch and what I'm watching and occasionally leave a comment on a review

my life spent on anime

  • 50 Minutes
  • 21 Hours
  • 2 Days
  • 3 Weeks
  • 2 Months
  • 0 Years

My Signature

Ferret205's signature

Location:

Member Since:

February 14, 2010

Last Visited:

July 27, 2013

User Stats:

? / ?

0 recommendations

Anime Ratings

  • 5
  • 4.5
  • 4
  • 3.5
  • 3
  • 2.5
  • 2
  • 1.5
  • 1
  • 0.5

total anime ratings: 112

Favorite Genres

Least Favorite Genres

Manga Ratings

  • 5
  • 4.5
  • 4
  • 3.5
  • 3
  • 2.5
  • 2
  • 1.5
  • 1
  • 0.5

total manga ratings: 3

comments

default avatar Klasha

Konnichiwa!

Jan 14, 2011

im new here. and how do i change my avatar???

Xplayer avatar Xplayer

Thanks! ^_^

Dec 26, 2010

Thanks! I am aware that other's would view the awkwardness as drama, although I just couldn't envision it myself. When I decided to review anime, I made a choice to take a very subjective stance. My reasoning was that the average rating already gave a relatively objective view of the series, and when reading a user review, you're really just reading the opinion of the reviewer anyway. There is no "objective standard," proven over and over by the fact that anime fans disagree on what is a "quality" series. Therefore, while I acknowledge and respect other points of view, my reviews are entirely my opinion, but I attempt to justfy them by the standards I set (which are quite subjective in of themselves) as best I can.

Xplayer avatar Xplayer

Konnichiwa!

Dec 25, 2010

I was aware of the fact it was an AVN after I started to watch it. You're right, I should have done research. However, even other AVN adaptations that I've watched in the past have been toned down, a lot, and focused on the story. I know that it's omnibus format, but the way the story was structured, the wincest ending was the canon end. I believe that in one of the "next episode" previews, Sora states that "all the previous stories were a dream due to Haru's indecision." And even if that isn't so, the arcs still lacked purpose other than fanservice, which made 99% of the series a waste of time, and the other 1% awkward.

It comes down to Yosuga no Sora being stuck between two purposes. If it wanted to tell a dramatic story, it should have focused on that. But if it just wanted to be a hentai, it shouldn't have teased the viewer with such a god-awful story. AVN or not, there's no excuse for the plain bad writing.

You must be logged in to leave profile comments. Login or sign up today!