default avatar

Feneris

• Joined Feb 25, 2011

Candidate for Goddess

Mar 26, 2011

When I started watching this anime my expectations were that it would at least be a good waste of a few hours and that’s it, but even these expectations where to high. The story of an alien race attacking humanity that can only be stopped by mecha is standard and can be done well, this anime however just feels empty.

Its characters start of numerous with plenty of opportunity for development and growth however this goes nowhere. The plot stagnates early on and so little happens to the point where you could cut the series by two thirds with little effect. The worst thing of all however is how it ends suddenly with no closer like even the makers couldn’t be bothered to continue.

All of this could be forgiven however as I have seen mecha anime that I would watch just for the battles but like everything else it’s disappointing. The fights are uneventful and samey with little actual action with mecha and alien designs that are as standard as the plot. This combined with the lack of attachment to the characters and the sudden end left me feeling nothing, bland and pointless. I would not recommend this anime even to someone obsessed with mecha as you would get more out of alternate between watching paint dry and random battles from any competent mecha anime.