Enjoi19's avatar

Enjoi19

• Joined Jun 25, 2010
  • ? / ?

Wow. Let's begin with that.

I'm a huge fan of the Evangelion series, both the original and the new films. After 2.22, which was phenominal in almost every aspect, I had huge expectations for 3/Q. And wow, was I ever left with a sour taste in my mouth.

I would love to spend time writing a massive block about this movie, but I will keep it simple.

We've skipped forward 14 years and have no idea what's happened in between. Big characters are missing, thing's are not explained, and what the heck is Shinji going to do

Unfortunately, I was just really let down by this, and feel it was nowhere near consistent with the original story, or even kept along track with the previous movie. There isn't nearly the action I had hoped for, and the story leaves way too much to be asked for.

I would rather have waited another year.

franko446 says...

you're correct, it was disapointing and a real let down after 2.22 witch was great. Why skip and let alot go unexplained we'll know.

Jul 1, 2013
Minai99 says...

I think I agree. I'm hoping they take their time on the final movie, make it longer, and really make it count. As long as it finishes strongly, I can forgive this mess of a third movie and be proud to show the movies as a whole to less avid fans of evangelion. The way it's heading, I'd prefer a sensible end over the complete mindfuck that the tv series has; and although I liked the original end of eva movie ending a lot (how many other shows have the balls to end that way?), I wanna know why all this stuff is happening. And I mean, I think we all have to give them a bit of credit for completely changing course from the original series; it just didn't seem well-executed. But I have faith they can pull it together!

May 29, 2013