Elucia's avatar

• Alfred F. Jones
  • Joined Mar 5, 2011
  • ? / ?

Gakuen Heaven

Hello there! Elucia here with my first anime review. I chose to do this one because it's the one I've most recently finished, but anyway....

Story: Centers around Ito Keita, an average boy who was unexpectedly excepted into a

school for only the elite. The school is called Bell Liberty Academy or 'BL' Academy for short(I

kid you not). Throughout the series, Keita's inner struggle is believing in himself, he often

doubts that he is qualified to go to such a school. The story as a whole is average,

often predictable, and sometimes slow. However, it is a cute series, and the characters are

always kind (with the exception of the vice chairman) and the friendship the students share

is heart warming. If your someone that likes fluffy shonen-ai type shows than I

definitely recommend it.

Animation: Animation is average, but could be better. Not the best but not the worst either.

Doesn't detract from the series in any way.

Sound: Catchy opening theme, with a soft sweet ending theme. Music within the series is

suitable but not really memorable. Japanese: voice acting is average, easy to listen to.

English: I did not watch the English but I know it has some talented actors(Maxey Whitehead, Eric Vale, Michael J. Tatum, Travis Willingham)

Characters: While the characters aren't really unique, they are entertaining, what's more

interesting is the relationships they form with each other. They all have fluid designs and

they each have different talents. While they aren't unique in the anime world they are

distinctive from each other.

Overall: 7.5 out of 10 Predictable story, entertaining characters, cute and fluffy shonen-ai

series.