Egyptchan

5 APR
2010

Name: ARIA

Genre: Slice-of-Life

Plot: Akari Mizunashi travels to Mars in the year 2301. The polar ice caps have been melted and 90% of the planet's surface is now covered in water. Akari wishes to live in the planet's exact replica if Italy's Venice (aptly named Neo-Venezia) and pursue her dream of becoming a top-rate gondolier.

Rating: 10/10, 5 out of 5 Stars

Why: Great manga. ARIA relaxes you and makes you laugh at the same time. The art for the background is very picturesque; however, it may move too slowly for some and is definitely not for everyone. If you enjoy a good slice-of-life story and are a sucker for amazing backgrounds, this manga is definitely for you. Also check out its three anime, ARIA the Animation, ARIA the Natural and ARIA the Origination.

Pros:

~Great artwork, both on backgrounds and on the characters.

~Good character development throughout the series.

~Relaxing and fun to read.

Cons:

~Not many English translation volumes out for purchase yet. (Number at time of writing: 5 of 12)

~May move too slowly for some readers.

~Lack of a larger plot - can be a pro or a con depending on what type of manga you like.

Recommended? Yes!

go to manga

• Story 9.5/10
  • Art 9/10

Recent Manga Reviews by Egyptchan

comments

RingoStarr1991 avatar RingoStarr1991
Aug 14, 2011

I was going to write up my own review but our views match up 100%. One of my favorite manga of all time and it remains to be one of the only manga that I can re-read and still enjoy just as much as the first time.