Ebhen

K-On! Movie

29 AUG
2012

I really was looking forward to the movie. It was almost unbearable to wait for it to be subbed but the wait was worth it. :)

How can you not love the whimsical girls and their everyday problems, teadrinking and music sessions (even if they are rare)? Somehow you just love them. The series may be a bit simple and childish sometime but still you can't get enough. And you're dragged into their world more and more and get engaged in the story. And of course, it's a real tearjerker! I didn't thinkt that I would shed any tears of joy and sadness over a simple anime show. But I stand corrected, this touched my heart like few series have done before.

So, imagine my feelings when I finally got hold on the movie! :)
It was great as I had expected, but it didn't touch my innermost feelings like the series did. I loved their trip to London and everything they experienced there, but it felt shallow somehow. Just another background for the real story they wanted to tell us, that about how they wrote the song to Azusa in the end of the second season. It was a nice touch and I liked it a lot. Perhaps I hade to much hope that the movie would grip my heart as the series did, but I was a bit disappointed really but hey, thats just me! The movie was great and a perfect compliment to the series and I would LOVE to see more of K-On! in the future.

There is always the live shows too watch when I miss the silly girls to much. :)

I loved the art work and the sound but the story was a bit thin. The characters was their usual selves and I already confessed my love for them above.

7,5 in total for the movie is my verdict.

Other Anime Reviews by Ebhen