DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

Trigun

Feb 16, 2012

Anime in 200 Words: Trigun

Premise: There’s a wild gunman on the lose called Vash the Stampede or the Humanoid Typhoon. People say that he’s responsible for destroying whole towns, but he might just be a misunderstood man victimized by greedy people.

Vash: I like him, despite the huge personality shifts he has. On the surface, it looks too big to be believable, but his serious moments make me think that the loud, awkward personality is a mask. After all, what better disguise could a dangerous man use than that of a fool? No one watches idiots for signs of cunning.

Old West: I know that the Japanese never really had an expansion period because they’re island bound, but this rendition of our western border is... a bit more explosive than I expected. Don’t misunderstand- it’s really entertaining, but if towns got razed that often, everyone would have died.

Gunmen: Everyone is one. No really. Everyone has or uses guns in this show... or at least, all the people with NAMES do.

Overall: Trigun is a show in which everything came together well. The cast is entertaining, there’s a good mix of action, comedy, and drama, and it’s just fun!

8.5/10 sound