DuskFey

BASED ON 4 OF 4 VOLUMES READ
16 FEB
2012

Manga in 200 Words: MeruPuri: Marchen Prince

Premise: A strange little boy comes through the mirror that has been in Airi’s family for generations, so she decides to take care of him. When she awakes the next morning, however, Aram has grown into a teenager, and Airi is pulled into a world of magic that she could never have imagined.

Art: Everyone in this manga is pretty! Bishounen, bishoujo… it’s a treat for the eyes. ^_^

Characters: It’s funny; I started out disliking Aram’s older brother, but by the end, even he became sympathetic and understandable. Overall, I like this cast.

Mood: MeruPuri has a great balance of comedy, romance, and drama. For the most part, its humor is based upon awkward situations and its love is innocent, and for me, that’s the source of its charm.

Betrothal: I laughed at Aram’s little scheme, because it was pretty manipulative. Beyond that, the betrothal promises in this manga are… serious, to say the least. It’s a pretty big commitment. Then again, they don’t have divorce or broken families, so maybe it works out.

Overall: MeruPuri: Marchen Prince was a fun series to read, and I think most shoujo fans would enjoy it.

Other Manga Reviews by DuskFey