DuskFey

Imadoki! Nowadays

BASED ON 5 OF 5 VOLUMES READ
16 FEB
2012

Manga in 200 Words: Imadoki Nowadays!

Premise: Two people from different social spheres become unlikely friends due to their shared love of flowers, and a group forms around them. Tanpopo and Koki grow closer, but drama starts up and things get complicated.

The Planting Club: I love it. I do. Not because of flowers, but because of how the people in it grow as people BECAUSE of it. It’s a decent metaphor, and I love how an earnest girl can change people like this.

Romance: It’s complicated and twisted, but I like it. High school was really confusing, and I know what it’s like to try to convince yourself that you don’t love someone. I think that drama and storm of emotion was captured well.

Characters: I liked them, even those who started out being unlovable. I think people were developed nicely in this series.

Heartbreak: The scene caught on the cameras really stands out to me. It was so simple, but so powerful. That one moment, viewed without any context, ruins so many things.

Overall: Imadoki Nowadays! has a strange title, and it almost turned me away. After reading it, however, the sweet fragrance still lingers in my mind.

Other Manga Reviews by DuskFey