DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

Beast Master

Feb 2, 2012

Manga in 200 Words: Beast Master

Premise: Yuiko is an animal lover who terrifies all of the animals that she meets encounters a wild beast that only she can tame. The only thing is: it’s a boy!

Audience: Girls who are drawn to dangerous and broken guys and those who like innocent romance stories.

Relationship: Yuiko and Leo are cute. (I’m the kind of girl who wanted to hug Gaara during his violent rampages, so I’m in the target audience.) With that in mind, Leo does actually hurt her pretty badly sometimes. Kudos to Yuiko for being devoted to this relationship.

Leo: I admit to liking the idea of an appearance that doesn’t match his personality, but it is a pretty drastic shift. Actually, it’s almost like a schism in his mind, but it doesn’t seem to be hurting him. (It does hurt those around him, of course.)

Overall: Beast Master is cute but violent, which sounds weird, but I think it’s why I like this little manga. The love is a simple one, and even though it is kind of unrealistic. There are enough good things going for this series that I’m willing to suspend my disbelief for it.

5.5/10 art