DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

Anime in 200 Words: Bakugan Battle Brawlers

Premise: A group of kids find a bunch of cards that fall from the sky and do what any group of kids would do: make a card game! They meet and team up with talking bakugan and realize that the battles are actually real, and thus does a children’s card game come to control the fate of two worlds.

Suspension of Disbelief: The odds that the game that the kids made would ACTUALLY be the same system that the bakugan use to fight each other are obviously low. There are, of course, countless other implausibilities, but come on- it’s a high stakes card game show! What did you expect?

Battle System: Mostly makes sense. I understand summoning creatures and  using attacks, but the turn system (and justification for the good guys teaming up against a single opponent) are still hazy.

Villain: The reveal bugged me. The main characters universally react like, “Oh! Of course that’s who it is!” No. I don’t buy it.

Overall: Bakugan Battle Brawlers was a decent show (I grew up with Yu-Gi-Oh! so the high stakes don’t bug me), but it’s certainly not essential. Feel free to skip it.

3.5/10 story