DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

Anime in 200 Words: Animation Runner Kuromi

Premise: A young woman lands her dream job in animation and ends up in charge of everything on her first day. The next episode is almost due, but it’s barely even started. Kuromi must learn the ropes and the quirks of her staff if she’s going to meet the deadline.

Mood: There’s a good share of zany antics in this show, but it has serious moments too. Kuromi is insane at work, but insecure at home. I like the balance.

Animation Process: After watching Animation Runner Kuromi, I actually watched several of the special features as well, and it was really interesting to hear people’s reactions to this film. According to many of the staff members who worked on this project, it’s actually pretty accurate in its portrayal of both the artists and the art form itself. I really enjoyed getting a chance to watch the magic happen, so to speak.

Overall: I like the story in Animation Runner Kuromi because it’s simple and optimistic. It was a nice touch to have Kuromi meet one of the people who inspired her, and it makes her motivations more genuine. It’s a really cute movie.

6.5/10 story