DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

Anime in 200 Words: InuYasha Movie 1: Affections Touching Across Time

Premise: A shard of the sacred jewel awakens a terrible demon that even InuYasha’s father couldn’t defeat. Kagome goes home and InuYasha faces the beast, but even separated like that, their love connects and protects them.

Relationship: InuYasha and Kagome are actually fairly close in this movie, so if you enjoy the more tender side of their relationship, try this movie on for size.

Battle: It’s a pretty intense fight, and since even InuYasha’s father couldn’t destroy this demon’s power, things get a little scary at some points. Even though the series continues airing after this movie is released, discovering HOW victory can be achieved is almost as nerve-wracking and wondering IF it can be.

Mushy Stuff: I didn’t rate this higher because the whole love reaching across the ages and keeping your beloved safe concept didn’t go over well with me. I don’t like unrealistic situations, but that might not mean much, since I accept the rest of the world.

Overall: It’s a pretty solid spin-off movie. If you enjoy InuYasha, then this movie really is worth your time, especially if you don’t mind chick flick style romance.

6.5/10 animation