DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

InuYasha

Sep 3, 2010

Anime in 250 Words: InuYasha

Why 250? Long series… more to say.

Premise: A priestess and half-demon fell in love during Japan’s feudal era, and the priestess died protecting a sacred jewel. In the modern era, a schoolgirl travels back in time and finds out that she’s the reincarnation of the priestess. When the sacred jewel is shattered, the half-demon and the schoolgirl embark on a journey to collect all the pieces and save the world.

Characters: This is a long-running series, so each member of the main party gets pretty developed by the end, which is good.

Relationships: Oh! What should I say? Kagome and InuYasha’s drama always makes me laugh, and Miroku and Sango’s relationship is sweet, when he’s behaving himself, that is.

Caveats: There are two major issues with this show: the band of seven arc and the lackluster ending. I don’t know why I hate the band of seven, but I do. Very much. After they’re finally all dead, the show just ends. No closure, no finale, just cessation.

Power: Everyone has strengths and a weakness. Even the main villain has a vulnerable spot, and that’s great!

Battles: A lot of these fights have high stakes and get pretty intense. Granted, the main cast has an invincibility aura around them, so to speak, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t spend time on death’s doorstep.

Overall: InuYasha’s a solid series that falls apart at the end, but it’s one that I can’t dislike, despite its weaknesses.

7.5/10 sound