DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

MegaMan NT Warrior

Sep 3, 2010

Manga in 200 Words: Megaman NT Warrior

Premise: Everything is connected by the cybernet, so a virus outbreak can end thousands of lives. Terrorists can now incite panic with only an internet connection, and because kids are the best at operating net navi programs, a few get recruited to keep the peace.

Art: Very crisp with many sharp lines and solid angles. Very appropriate for the digital environment.

Battles: There’s actually a lot at stake in some battles, and things often take a turn for the worse! I was surprised, since threats aren’t usually serious in shounen series. I expected good to always triumph and safety nets to be around to protect everyone, but that’s not the case.

Abilities: The power levels of some of these navis are insane! Just when I thought one had maxed out, a new ability or technique appeared. It’s rather surprising that the world survived it!

Factions: The continued introduction of new countries and new navis made things uncertain and kept me coming back for more.

Overall: Megaman NT Warrior is a solid shounen series- great battles, memorable characters, impressive abilities, and a boy who misses a lot of school… this series has it all!

8.5/10 characters