DuskFey's avatar

DuskFey

• two steps past the edge of your reality
  • Joined Oct 20, 2009

Anime in 200 Words: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Premise: There are big problems in Area 11 (formerly Japan), and the locals rebel against authority. A bored genius decides to change things for his own personal amusement.

Psychology: This anime features delightfully subtle mindfuck. It’s beautifully executed and adds a new dimension to the show. Really amazing. I’d love to be specific, but if I give details, I’ll ruin it for you.

Relationships: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion forces characters to choose between those close to them and their beliefs. Loyalty and conviction play off of each other and break the fragile balance of a life… it’s awesome.

CLAMP Comparison: It’s darker than other projects by this group, and this time, there aren’t any recycled character designs. (Personally, I’d die laughing if Lelouch got a Mokona.) Fans will recognize the crisp, sleek style that defines CLAMP artwork. Everyone has pretty hair and long, slender arms and legs, but the costumes are more subdued than usual.

Overall: Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion is definitely worth watching, and is virtually essential if you enjoy mindfuck. Story elements are woven together seamlessly, providing a coherent and exquisite work of art.