Dogripper's avatar

• Joined Feb 26, 2012
  • ? / ?

Blood-C

Apr 10, 2012

Well, this is probably the most difficult anime to write a review for.

**Minor Spoilers Ahead**

The anime starts out with a cliché plot, Main Character has some skill/strength/power and fights for protecting his/her friends. I'm okay with that. I feel that that is a good base for an anime, however, there is an undertone that something unseen is going on, a nice twist to put on the cliché. However, this undertone becomes blatantly obvious in episode four, so obvious that watching the next six episodes before it actually comes forward is dreadful. Sure, the fighting and gore is good during these episodes, but the episodes just seem to accomplish nothing, except for **Spoiler** killing off each main/secondary character.

Up to episode 9 I would have probably given Blood-C a 8ish.

Then they finally brought to light what had been foreshadowed for so long. In the last couple of episodes, when everything is actually explained, I stopped for a second and said to myself, "What? Why did they have all of these previous episodes?" It also felt like they were trying to end the season VERY quickly.

This made me drop the rating all the way down to a 5ish.

However, after they brought everything forward, they ended it quite well. The last fifteen minutes of the last episode was the best fifteen minutes of the whole season. Rather than succumbing to a chlicé ending, they made a good choice and ended it the way they did.

With the ending I give Blood-C a 6, could've easily made a 9.5 by changing episodes 10 and 11. Too bad.

naejin says...

Wow, weird, I kind of had the opposite impression.  I liked the first episode, but I felt it got worse as the episodes went as the characters were just horribly flat & cliche, but later episodes 9+ that starts to explain everything wrapped things up to make the series more reasonable to me.

Jul 14, 2013