default avatar

• Joined Sep 11, 2011
  • ? / ?

Koihime Musou

Oct 1, 2011

Before you consider me perverted, I have to say that I admired Koihime Musou. Now, for those who haven't known so far, Koihime is based on a visual number of the same name which in turn is based on the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong. In Koihime Musou, the setting is in China which was nearing the end of the Han Dynasty around 220 CE. The protagonist in this tale is a young woman named Kan'u (Aisha is her given name) as she journeys across China hunting bandits. She is known throughout as the Blackhaired Beauty. The reason for hunting bandits was because bandits killed her brother. While journeying she meets an annoying, but well-meaning girl named Chou'nn. She was a young girl who ran her own "bandit" group. She then makes Chou'nn her adoptive sister, and on their journey, they meet Sei, a sarcastic blue-haired woman with a mighty love for bamboo shoots. What I liked about Sei was that she had a super hero alter ego entitled  Butterfly Mask, who isn't really that much help in the group's conflicts. There was also a reccuring team of bandits who often serve as the main villains. I hated them, because they each tried to rape a girl that Kan'u and her friends had to rescue later. Plus, everytime they are defeated, they never died. I mean they could just kill them in order for them to never appear again. And people say that it often fails in action. In my opinion, this show is meant to be a parody of all the seriousness in action scenes. How else can you explain people in the show hardly dying and there was hardly any blood. Now this anime is chalked full of Yuri. However, in my opinion, most of the moments are cleverly subtled, and they don't always outright state them. Well, maybe in a few scenes. So, mostly I admired Koihime Musou, and I was saddened when I foundt out that there were only three seasons. But overall, I give Koihime 9.5/10.