DiaRiles's avatar

DiaRiles

• Joined Mar 27, 2010

Fruits Basket

Feb 21, 2011

Overall, this is a great anime.  It has an unusual plot, with humans turning into the zodiac animals, and is a slice-of-life type anime with that twist.  The animation is clean and I noticed no sound issues.  I liked the majority of voice actors cast (dub).  The characters in this series are fantastic.  There's so many different players that you're bound to find someone you like if you stick around long enough.  It is one of those "renaissance" anime where they cover everything - you laugh, you cry, you hate and you love.  It's absolutely worth a try; if you're not into it after the first couple of episodes, don't worry about it.  It's starts out light and airy and sends you through a series of emotions; it finishes with a dark cloud, albeit it a happy enough ending (the manga goes on past the anime, which is why they did this - there's more to the story).  There are a dozen characters you'll miss out on if you give up early (and even halfway), but if you can't stand Tohru, the main character, you'll be miserable the whole time.  You have to tolerate her to get to the good stuff.  =]  All in all, I like and reccomend it if slice-of-life is your style.