DeDaan

Blue Exorcist

3 NOV
2011

Blue Exorcist or Ao no Exorcist came out this year (spring 2011) and was one of the big suprises for me this year. We almost hit the end of this year and i have to say that in my opinion this is one of the best shows of this year. Let me explain why;

(No Spoilers !!)

The story is about a boy who learns he is the son of satan. I can add more but you probably read that already in the anime synopsis. Now what i liked about the story was that if Rin Okumura wants to be a exorcist he have to train himself, like in alot of Shounen. This is done really nicely with a lot of different technique's. There is also the whole community of exorcist differnt kinds of ranks among exorcist or demons. Also there is alot of other stuff on demons and exorcists. So its all pretty well done, thats why i give the story a 8

Animation:

Animation isnt bad but also not to good, there are a few shots wich are really nice done so thats why i have to give a bit higher rating then normal, so a 7.5

Sound:

The sound of the openings, endings, OST's, background is really, really nice !! I really loved it and it did also fit the anime. The voice actor actors where also good, so i am giving this part a high rating, a 9.5

Unfortunately is that the characters arent that good, there are going to be quite some characters in the show, but you dont have much background information on them. Wich is a shame a could make the serie better. Although the characters miss background information and also a bit screentime (not the 2 main characters ofcourse), they are fun characters to watch, but not really something more. I really wished to know more of the characters and see them more but unfortunately. So because the characters lack background and a bit more, but are fun to watch i will give them a 6

Overall:

I really loved to watch Blue exorcist and couldn't wait for the next episode to come so my personal score is higher than in this review (4.5 star). But for a review that isnt correct, if you noticed the points you can't give the show that score so i have to go for a 8 wich is ofcourse still good, and that because the show is still really good ;)

I hope this review was usefull to you and i hope you will watch Blue Exorcist, its worth the time !!

Other Anime Reviews by DeDaan

overall score: 9.5/10

• Animation 7.5/10
  • Sound 9.5/10

Recent Anime Reviews by DeDaan

comments

roriconfan avatar roriconfan
Apr 29, 2012

Best shows of the year? Nobody will like or care to remember it very soon.