DavidWP's avatar

• England
  • Joined Dec 28, 2010

Highschool of the Dead

Sep 10, 2011

Highschool of the Dead has everything a near-perfect anime should have: strong characters, a great premise, serious moments, funny moments, effective scenes, flawless animation, a memorable opening, a great soundtrack, subtle references to other horror films and being very good at holding the audience's attention (by that I mean that it knows when to end an episode and get you hyped for the next, as well as alot of nerve wrecking scenes (my nails were had nearly all gone by the end)). More in video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWXSzi-FtL0

9.7/10 overall

brabraden says...

Not a chance in hell is this anime anything higher than a 7/10. I will give the show credit, the animation was very well done and the music was decent (nothing special) but in no way is High school of the Dead 9.7/10. The characters where not very great (characters like Shizuka seemed to have no other point than fan servicing.) They are all rather plain and some-how just all know how to kick ass. Story, its nothing special. A group of high school student fight zombies and some other stuff, but that all get washed away with the ridiculous amounts of fanservice (bouncing breasts), it honestly takes attention away from the story and character development.

Apr 29, 2014