DavidWP's avatar

• England
  • Joined Dec 28, 2010

Spice and Wolf II

May 12, 2013

The first season is outstanding, but unfortantly not all second seasons turn out like Clannad After Story. I don't think I've ever been so disapointed with an anime before; tha main plot of Spice and Wolf, from the first season was Lawrence taking Holo up north, with threats and stuff along the way, now that worked in the first season because they were constantly on the road and we saw the lovely countryside and everything else this world has to offer, yet this season thinks it's wise to keep everything self contained in two towns, because there's only two story arcs. Also the main charm of the first season was the interactions between Holo and Lawrence, so what does this season do? 4 whole episodes of them separted, why what's the point? They can't develop their relationship when they are seperated and it was very annoying. The last arc was fine and the ending was very sweet, but there's alot wrong here and it just get's boring - season 1 is sooooooo much better and that just makes this even more heartbreaking.

More in video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZgK3HkGbtA

5.3/10 overall

mdolphins says...

I liked it too, but I have to agree with you. I did feel a little bored at times during part II.

Jul 23, 2013