DavidWP's avatar

• England
  • Joined Dec 28, 2010

Gedo Senki

Jan 13, 2013

Deemed to be Studio Ghibli's worst film; I went in thinking 'it's from Studio Ghibli how bad can it be?'. I don't know if I'm looking to deeply into it, but this is possibley one of the worst film I have ever seen and it all comes from the story and the character, the two biggest parts of the film and they fuck it up.

In the first 5 mins Prince Arren kills his farther the King, for possibly no reason and the movie wants us to feel sorry for him. Fuck you movie, I'm not going to feelsorry for a rich Prince who for no reason killed his farther and this guy is the King, right? So how come no one in the film is worried that the King has been murdered? Wouldn't they send the guards of the palace out to find the son-of-a-bitch who killed the king? And it's worse that Arren is just allowed to wonder out of the palace with no one seeing him, after commiting the horrific crime of murdering the King, but I guess in Earthsea this is a minor crime *rolls eyes*.

That's the start of my rant and there is more to go over and be angry about in the video review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oes9PtGXvJ0

0.5/10 story