Darkhallows

Now and Then, Here and There

12 JUN
2013

Now and Then, Here and There is a hard anime for me to rate. There were some parts which I loved, and others which were very boring. Here's my main complaint: the first few episodes were hard to get through. That wouldn't be a big problem if the series was longer, but at only 13 episodes, I felt like I only enjoyed half of the show.

On the other hand, I found myself really liking some of the characters, and I loved the interaction between them. King Hamdo and Abelia were particular interesting.

STORY- 8/10

Overall, I enjoyed the story. It was interesting, unique, and tragic. If not a little weird. However, it loses points for the slow pacing.

ANIMATION- 4/10

This is an older series, and had not held up well. The animation is shaky, the backgrounds are often dull, and the character design is so-so. It's not terrible for its time, but it's not good either. I'd love to see this animated today, because I think it could be gorgous.

SOUND- 6/10

Nothing special here. The voice acting is average, and I barely noticed the music.

Characters-7/10

This is where I think the show really shines. So, why only a 7? Lala-rue. There was nothing about her I enjoyed. She's dull, quiet, and we really learn nothing about her. I really wish there was a stronger female lead.

Shu, the main character, was a little annoying at first, but I grew to like him and his endless optimism.

The other characters were great. I loved Sis! It was great to see a larger female character. Hamdo was brilliantly childish and insane, and the Sarah had some great character development.

Overall-7/10

I would reccomend it, even with all its flaws. It's a short, enjoyable show and I'm glad I watched it.

Other Anime Reviews by Darkhallows