Darkhallows's avatar

• Joined Jul 11, 2011
  • 19

Now and Then, Here and There is a hard anime for me to rate. There were some parts which I loved, and others which were very boring. Here's my main complaint: the first few episodes were hard to get through. That wouldn't be a big problem if the series was longer, but at only 13 episodes, I felt like I only enjoyed half of the show.

On the other hand, I found myself really liking some of the characters, and I loved the interaction between them. King Hamdo and Abelia were particular interesting.

STORY- 8/10

Overall, I enjoyed the story. It was interesting, unique, and tragic. If not a little weird. However, it loses points for the slow pacing.

This is an older series, and had not held up well. The animation is shaky, the backgrounds are often dull, and the character design is so-so. It's not terrible for its time, but it's not good either. I'd love to see this animated today, because I think it could be gorgous.

SOUND- 6/10

Nothing special here. The voice acting is average, and I barely noticed the music.

This is where I think the show really shines. So, why only a 7? Lala-rue. There was nothing about her I enjoyed. She's dull, quiet, and we really learn nothing about her. I really wish there was a stronger female lead.

Shu, the main character, was a little annoying at first, but I grew to like him and his endless optimism.

The other characters were great. I loved Sis! It was great to see a larger female character. Hamdo was brilliantly childish and insane, and the Sarah had some great character development.

I would reccomend it, even with all its flaws. It's a short, enjoyable show and I'm glad I watched it.