DarkDollmaker's avatar

• Joined Jan 11, 2012
  • ? / F

Full Moon o Sagashite

Oct 1, 2012

I have to say this now: the end... was almost unecessarily sappy and cheesy. Or rather, it went from unnecessarily sappy to unnecessarily cheesy. But I still loved it. The characters were wonderful. I loved Mitsuki, Takuto and Meroko from the moment I saw them. The whimsicle animal-eared appearance of the shinigami really detracted from the gloomy atmosphere that shinigami tend to bring to instead help the comedic air that most of Tanemura's series tend to have. And yet it got serious and sad at all the right moments. I'll admit that I had a lump in my throat a few times as I read this series, with all the heartbreaking pasts and soul-breaking secrets. The beautiful art in Tanemura's wonderful style only helps that along. Overall, while it isn't perfect, I think that anyone who likes Tanemura's other works will like this one. For, once again, the talented Tanemura makes up for all of the flaws in the storyline with her shining moments of emotional mastery. And now, with Time Stranger Kyoko and Full Moon o Sagashite down, Gentlemen's Alliance Cross is next!