DarkAngelofFire's avatar

DarkAngelofFire

• Joined Sep 11, 2012

Sora no Otoshimono

Sep 22, 2012

Perversion is abound in this one... and it's hilarious!

I'll be honest; as a fan of harem, ecchi, comedy types, I tend to be kinder in reviews as opposed to others who judge them more harshly than they deserve. Sora no Otoshimono, or Heavens Lost Property in English, is one of those strange other worldly girl meets earth boy types that does it well.

I like the story because it's different. So here it is: Tomoki is a normal boy who just wants to live a life of peace and quiet. But his life is changed when a buxom girl calling herself an "Angeloid" makes him her master. This Angeloid, named Ikaros, makes Tomoki her master and she'll grant any wish he has.

It's executed quite well with funny jokes, if you're into many a sex joke, and unique characters. Some might say it's another generic harem anime. I disagree. Unlike some harem animes, this one doesn't have nudity and it helps with the comedy. Though censorship is abound.

The animation is great. Breasts bouce at the right times (Believe me, I'm not trying to sound perverted) and it's just good to look at... not just for the boobs.

One thing that I like is that the characters, especially Tomoki, go into a chibi form of themselves. Tomoki generally spends the gist of every episode in this form, and this may be just for the viewers. It's generally when he's being perverted or silly, and other characters look chibi also. It helps with comedic effect and I find it hilarious.

The characters are, for the most part, unique. The fact that the main character is intentionally perverted is hilarious. You also have his friend, Sahara, who karate chops Tomoki in the head when ever she catches him being lewd. Sugata is a ridiculously smart boy who lives in a tyent by a river in the middle of the woods. He's always expressionless, but adds humor by helping Tomoki in some situations. Then there's Mikako. Her father is a member of the Yakuza and she reflects that personality... which is to say that she's care free, but for when she decides to be serious.

Over all, this is an anime that's well worth watching. It's funny, has great characters, and has a good story. The hijinks that happen made me laugh at the absurdity. These range from flying panties to Tomoki being changed into a girl. If ecchi comedy is to your liking, then check this one out.

9.5/10 characters