DarkAngelofFire

Rosario to Vampire

17 SEP
2012

Hello fanserivce, my old friend, it's been a while. Well, not for me, but you get the idea. Anyway, Rosario to Vampire is an interesting anime to say the least. Compared to something like Hellsing, it's quite tame. However, the story resonates with me a bit since I enjoy harem comedy types like this. And, truth be told, it's not bad at all. I found it to be interesting. I actually wanted to watch more episodes, and not just for the panties.

This anime does some good things, such as having a bat narrate and explain things for expositions sake. It helps the characters do more things with out talking too much. Another is the fanservice. But I'm not about to sound like a perverted 12 year old. I just want to say that in the first season it's very tame, really only with many (MANY) panty shots, which I don't mind. The second season, I'll get to later.

Some of the negative things are quite minor with me. One hign is that when Moka, a vampire, changes to her true vampire form, the show has this odd urge to explain why she turns into her true form. And it's not even the bat. Now, this is ok for the first, maybe, three episodes, but it happens in EVERY episode, but for a few. It's only about 15 seconds, but it gets on my nerves a bit.

The only other problems are with the main male character, Tsukne Aono. And those are really minor. The first season, his head seems a bit too rounded for me, which is a real nitpick but it irked me. It got better later. Another thing is his english voice actor. Now I'm not going to say it was bad, not at all. But they could have had someone who's voice wasn't as high. Yuri Lowenthal, perhaps because he's done this before (Girls Bravo, anyone?) And I know that sounds generic, but I think it would have worked a bit better. But Tskune's voice is ok as is.

I like the music for this one. It's a bit halloweeny-ish, but that's not the worst thing considering the story.

I liked the characters because they made me laugh and I found myself likeing the main ones. The first season's main antagonist is a HUGE douche and I disliked him. Also, he was a Naruto fanboy due to his moster form (I actually LOVE Naruto by the way).

I liked the story because it was different. It made me interested and I like it when an anime can do that.

All in all, I think that if you enjoy Harem Comedy genres, then this is one you should check out.

Other Anime Reviews by DarkAngelofFire