Danmonkey's avatar

• Uranus
  • Joined Nov 18, 2012

Accel World

Jan 15, 2014

This, in particular, is where Accel World shines. With an engaging premise and a breakneck plot speed, every episode of this show sucks you in. In addition, plot twists and entertaining situations entertain you in the lull between action scenes.

9.5/10

Animation:

I've never been one to pay too close attention to animation, but Accel World brings special attention to it's scenes. While not on par with Sword Art Online, or other highly animation-focused anime, many of the scenes are breathtaking to look at. The action scenes in particular flow very well.

8.5/10

Sound:

I don't have much to say here, as I focus more on the visual aspect rather than the sound. I will say that I believe the voice actors did an exceptional job portraying their characters. I always felt as if the characters had a sort of realism to them, and the voice acting conveyed that very well.

8/10

The characters in Accel World differ from the anime norm. A lot. Aside from the fact that the protagonist is male, he shares very little in common with many other anime protagonists. Most of them are attractive, brave young men. The main character, Haruyuki, has his a problem. His real life is heavily flawed, being very unpopular, overweight, and spending the majority of his life playing videogames. His life changes when the most popular girl in school, Kuroyukihime(Black Princess), introduces him to the Accelerated World(AKA Accel World). Both of the main characters are very engaging, but their relationship is a strange one. Accel World differs from the norm, and the characters have a lot of depth.

9.5/10

Overall:

With an entertaining story, engaging characters, fantastic voice acting, and beautiful scenes, Accel World scores high on the scale.

9/10