CursedWolf

Clannad

17 MAR
2011

I never intended to watch Clannad because the friend who recommended it said it was a very depressing anime. However, the same friend then forced me to put it on my computer and I figured since it was there I may as well watch some of it and if it was too depressing then I would simply stop watching it. However, this ended up being easier said than done. This anime while very emotional and dramatic has several high points that bring joy and laughter to almost all audiences. When the chapters start to reach their climax they strike an emotional chorde which always manages to bring a tear to my eye. It is almost unnatural how thi anime manages to perfectly balance out its saddening drama with comic relief and cheerful joy. With the high quality ofthe story and the true depth of the characters it was no surprise that after watching the first chapter of the anime I found myself hooked to the anime and continually clicking next on my media player at the end of each episode. In the end this season managed to finish itself with a bang with, although an easily predicted occurence, perhaps one of the most emotional moments in the entire season. I would recommend Clannad to everyone I know no matter what their anime preference is, because I know that it has the ability to drag just about anyone into its tear-jerking emotion filled world.

Other Anime Reviews by CursedWolf