Crimm's avatar

• Joined May 7, 2009
  • 33 / ?

Tekkon Kinkreet

Sep 24, 2010

Is it time for another review already? Yes! It's that time again, and this time armed with ThePatches pro tips; I'm ready to tackle another one.  Today's review is on Tekkon Kinkreet, which is an anime created by Studio 4°C, and was an iTunes purchase for me on my recent travels.

Have you ever heard the old country song by Toby Keith "A little less talk, and a lot more action"?  That's what this anime felt to me.  Before you start getting out the pitch forks, let me say that I enjoyed the anime overall.  As a fan of anime like Fairy Tail, Naruto, and Bleach, this anime left me bored.  I actually put it down for a week, before picking it back up and finishing it.

That's a shame, because the story of the two orphans trying to survive in an evolving run down city is a great storyline to follow.  You follow two characters named Black and White, which symbolize more than you think, as they attempt to run "their town".  Without giving away too much of the storyline, take care to notice the similarities of Black with Evil, and vice versa with White. Even though the storyline had a great premise, I found that it left me lacking content.  It seemed to pick up a story and end a story with no real beginning or end.  This may be because I was watching it off iTunes.  Something I'm missing, or something that was left off.  Doesn't matter either way, as when the anime ended, I didn't feel a loss of a connection with any of the characters.

As far as animation is concerned, they were so-so as well. The animation took more of an art-form instead of a compelling anime.  Again, as you may have read in my other reviews, I'm a lover of newer drawing style.  The city and landscapes were drawn well, but the characters seem to be missing something.  This may be due to my lack of connection as referenced above, but I couldn't help but be bothered by the character animations.

Overall, I gave it an 8 out of 10, and I'm sure this review will bring some hate.  I just didn't really care for it, but it was a decent anime at the end of the day.