CrazyBeverly96's avatar

• Joined Dec 15, 2012
  • ? / F

Air Movie

Nov 3, 2013

Air Movie is the romance story you were looking for in Air TV but never got. Follow Yukito and Misuzu as they finally get the opportunity to get to know each other and share the moments they were meant to share.

Story: 9.5/10

Just so you’re aware, Air Movie is an alternative version of the story in Air TV. However, unlike Air TV, it actually makes sense! And it’s the perfect mix of comedy and drama, with made me happy. But the thing you will remember most about this movie is love of Yukito and Misuzu! I mean seriously, it was about time those two finally became a couple! You can really see how their feelings for each other develop over the course of the plot and every moment between them is so special that you’ll want to replay certain scenes over and over again because that’s just how precious they are. And the story of Kanna and Ryuya is also told and fans of those two will be glad to see that their relationship is much more romantic this time as well. My only disappointment was that the ending was way too predictable and hard to accept. But regardless this movie is just so BEAUTIFUL!!!

Animation: 10/10

While I will admit some parts were a bit too bright, I understand why they made it that way. Light represents the goodness in people, unhidden feelings, trust and love which are all present in this movie. Misuzu’s town is full of detail and is very unique. In fact, just about every location was stunning and memorable from the bus stop, to the town, to Misuzu’s room, and best of all, the summer festival. The characters, of course, look great as well. And who could forget the scene with Yukito in the bath?!?! 8D ME GUSTA!!! But seriously, this has got to be some of the best animation I’ve seen. Also, comedic parts look silly!

Sound: 10/10

Awesome! Everyone did a great job with their character! But if there was anyone who really stood out above the rest, it would have to be Haruko. Her seiyuu knew how to convey all of her different emotions from drunk to optimistic to despair to curious to enthusiastic to concerned to mourning. It was just so amazing! It just made the story all the more beautiful and tragic. Another great voice was that of Misuzu’s. Her cheerful and playful nature was done well and never distracted from the fact that she was suffering from the curse.

Characters: 10/10

This was the best part of this movie! Yukito and Misuzu are such wonderful and relatable characters and I really just love every moment they were on screen. Haruko is MUCH MORE LIKABLE here than she was in the TV series. I’ll admit I didn’t really care much about Kanna and Ryuya back when I had watched Air TV, but the way their story was played out in the movie really made me feel for them. There’s not much more I can say here, but I can guarantee you will love all the characters….

….Except Misuzu’s good-for-nothing dad.

Overall: 10/10

Anyone looking for a good romance should COME WATCH THIS MOVIE NOW!!!!!! You’ll be glad you did! It absolutely deserves to be called one of my golden treasures!

9.5/10 story

pikachu203 says...

lol... Me gusta!  Very funny; nice review.

Nov 3, 2013