CrazyBeverly96's avatar

CrazyBeverly96

• Anywhere the Hetalia guys are
  • Joined Dec 15, 2012
  • ? / F

I’ll be honest with you, I really wasn’t sure what to expect from this anime before I started it. Although I had read the description for it on this site and another, I somehow had the feeling that four of the main characters would be winged creatures from another world, as opposed to being humans. Well, I only had to watch a few minutes of the first episode to realize that my idea would have been much more entertaining than what I was presented with. Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge, or Wallflower, as it’s sometimes called, has no clear plot, a mostly unlikeable cast, and only a few moments worth a chuckle. It may not have been the worst anime I’ve ever seen, but I sure wouldn’t want to waste my time with it again.

Story: 1.5/10

Story? What story? Nothing happened. All I got was that four apparently handsome young men are living together in someone else’s mansion and are unable to pay their own rent. So the owner of this mansion decides that she will forgive their debt if they can teach her niece how to be a proper lady. Unfortunately for the guys, this girl is a whiney, irritating and anti-social brat who doesn’t care about anyone besides herself and her anatomical model. Where does the show go from there? I don’t know. Everything that takes place afterwards is complete and utter nonsense, and I don’t mean the funny kind of nonsense you find in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo or Ouran Highschool Host Club. No, I mean that for 99% of the time, I had to sit through the four guys showing off how “gorgeous” they were and give any nearby girl a disgustingly massive nosebleed that would cause any normal human being to die.

Animation: 3/10

Terrible. Just plainly and simply terrible. All backgrounds are uninspired and lack detail. Character movements always seem so awkward. And the characters are drawn to be so ugly, but the worst offenses were Sunako and all the female background characters, most of the time they are drawn as chibis which I just hated, now don’t get me wrong, I’m a person who normally likes chibis, but the chibis of the background characters were nothing but white blobs. My repulsed reaction to the Sunako chibi may sprout from my deep dislike of her character but I just couldn’t stand to look at it. The most prominent thing about all the female characters in this show is their excessive nose bleeds, you know they’ll happen, you just don’t know when. And the most important question of all: If the four main guys are supposed to be sexy bishounen, WHY DO THEY LOOK LIKE GIRLS?!?!?!?

Sound: 4.5/10

The opening song was okay I guess, and the first closing song was kind of catchy. The second closing song was so bad it made me miss the first.

Characters: 3.5/10

I don’t think I have seen a more unlikeable cast! I hated almost everyone in the show! But among the crap we did get a shining star. His name is Kyohei Takano, and what he lacks in attractiveness, he well makes up for in personality. I could always count on him to make me laugh and touch my heart. If you ask me, he was the only main character who showed that he cared about others and grew out of the “typical bishounen” stereotype. Also, wait until you here about what he has to go through every day of his life, when he revealed it in the fourth episode, I felt so sorry for him, and I think that’s when I first started to really like him. But Kyohei wasn’t the only good character; I also liked Sunako’s parents. It’s too bad they only appear in one episode.

Overall: 3/10

Well this was disappointing; I couldn’t give this anime a high score in any category. Honestly, I cannot believe I was able to make it to the end. It wasn’t funny. It wasn’t romantic. It wasn’t interesting.

If you really want to see this anime, I would recommend just watching it for Kyohei because I don’t see how else it could be an enjoyable viewing.

1.5/10 story
4.5/10 sound
3.5/10 characters

pikachu203 says...

Thanks for the warning!  I know it's annoying to watch BAD anime.   I'll stay away from this one.   I think I remember seeing you watch this in the study center watching this show.  I don't think you were enjoying it.  I guess I was right on that assumption, huh?

Well, I'll avoid it, thank you.

Very nice review!

Nov 25, 2013
lunarvixen26 says...

I wish I would've read your review earlier; I started this show a few days ago and I eventually dropped it. Kudos to you for making it through!

Nov 19, 2013