CrazyBeverly96's avatar

CrazyBeverly96

• Anywhere the Hetalia guys are
  • Joined Dec 15, 2012
  • ? / F

Hi Anime Fans! I thought it was finally time to start writing anime reviews, and what better way to start than with my favorite anime movie? Just to let you know, I am a HUGE fan of Hetalia and sometimes get a bit too excited when I tell my friends how awesome it is! Now, what makes this movie so interesting is that unlike the 5 minute episodes from Hetalia: Axis Powers and Hetalia: World Series which made parodies of actual historical events, Ginmaku Hetalia: Axis Powers- Paint it, White (Shiroku Nure!) goes by a story that, although won’t help you ace your history test, is very entertaining -And the best part, ALL the countries (everyone from Hetalia: Axis Powers and Hetalia: World Series) makes an appearance!!

Story: 10/10

The plot is quite simple, aliens called Pictoloids have come to earth and are turning people everywhere into their kind, and of course, the Axis and Allied Powers are the only ones who can save us. This would be awesome, if they would be willing to work together! Throughout the entire movie, we are treated to hilarious dialogue, moments of randomness, a unique species, and the super fun (and attractive) Hetalia guys! Our heroes learn the values of teamwork, friendship, and hospitality.  Plus, even the Pictoloids, who are still shrouded in mystery, are enlightened and fascinated by the things they discover during their stay on earth.

Hetalia fans might not expect this movie to have an actual plot considering just how random Hetalia can get. But you’ll be surprised by how well thought-out this movie was. They give us the problem, a bunch of solutions to this problem, and the solution that ultimately works best.

Animation: 10/10

The animation in the movie is the same as it was in the series made prior to it. Which in my opinion, is absolutely adorable! One thing that was different though, was how the Pictoloids and their ship were presented -They looked like they were 3-D!! This actually made the Pictoloids look kind of scary during some points. All of the different locations in the movie were simple yet colorful, and they were helpful in portraying the mood.

Sound: 10/10

The usual opening is used. However, the background music and ending song are definitely praiseworthy. The music played during the movie varies from a song sung by Prussia, epic and suspenseful space music, and light-hearted piano music. The ending is a very catchy song sung by our eight main characters, it’s so cute and fun that you’ll want to throw your own bon dance and have everyone sing the song and do the dance that goes with it!

As for the voice acting, the Japanese cast puts all their enthusiasm into playing their characters. In fact, their voices are one of the things that make the characters so likable. Whether it’s a comical or serious scene, you can expect the characters to really feel the way they’re supposed to and you can almost feel it yourself and it just makes the characters seem all the more realistic.

Characters: 10/10

All Hetalia fans will be happy to know that their favorite characters haven’t changed a bit. All of the qualities that make them awesome are still there. One might even say that this movie shows the characters at their funniest. You’ll always want to know what they will do next.

As I said before, we do not learn much about the Pictoloids but something about their unending curiosity makes them the most entertaining antagonists in an anime movie made entirely for laughs.

Overall: 10/10

This movie is something you’ll want to watch over and over again because it will never fail to make you laugh no matter how many times you watch it. The cheerful nature of  Ginmaku Hetalia: Axis Powers- Paint it, White (Shiroku Nure!) makes it unforgettable and will make you want to dance with happiness!

I hope you enjoyed my first review.