CaseyJewels's avatar

CaseyJewels

• USA
  • Joined Mar 29, 2011

I have no idea why I watched this show all of the way through... It's not what I usually watch, and it had very sexual overtones, which I don't really like. The characters never actually do anything, but there is a lot of yuri/yaoi/incest being implied, which creeped me out. However, when the show focused on other things, I did enjoy it. Though, some episodes were so heavy with the sexual stuff I almost quit watching a few times.

I really loved how this show was able to dip into the serious side of the characters' past, and, while many of the episodes were silly, I felt as if the characters were very well-rounded.

The ending was very well done, and I was on the end of my seat the entire last episode as things just seemed to get worse and worse for the main characters. The climax was extremely well done, with the music coming in at just the right moments to blend with the dramatic animation, and the very end had me smiling.

However, (and this is a slight spoiler for those of you who haven't seen it all of the way through), there was no kiss scene! They kept almost having it, but it was never there!

Overall, most of the time I wasn't sure why I kept watching this show... Way too sexual for me. The ending was great, but the rest of it... There were a few good episodes, but there were a lot more that I didn't really care for. The main reason I kept watching was because I wanted to know who Haruhi ended up with.

charvisioku says...

Yeah the constant yaoi/loli/incest references really took away from the whole thing. I dropped it halfway through, realised I was just tolerating it and could be watching better animes xD

Nov 30, 2012