CaptainSlow's avatar

CaptainSlow

• The Outback
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012

What I Liked: Every single bit about the visuals, from the character designs to the colour palette and use of textures. Series mixes rock and roll references with hypermasculine character designs and runs so far with it that it starts to blur the boundaries of homoeroticism and masculinity. The plot's nothing to write home about, but it's a good bit of fun. Dragon Ball Z-levels of ridiculousness made it all the more enjoyable. The OP and ED. Lisa Lisa, for not losing it whenever a man complimented her but tacked "...for a woman/girl/chick" on the end.

What I Didn't: NITPICKING: Joseph Joestar has a disagreeable personality, so it took me a while to finally warm up to him. (Until the flash-forward, to be totally honest.)

Final Verdict: Truly a bizarre series, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is an utterly fun and ridiculous battle anime with some of the most manly character designs this side of Fist of the North Star. The animation is vibrant and bursting with energy, every cast member relishes their roles and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it. On my Favourite Anime of All Time list.