default avatar

• Joined May 17, 2011
  • ? / F

Agent Aika

Sep 4, 2011

Agent Aika has a mediocre premise of enhanced abilities and semi-spy antics. Some of the characters, like Aika herself, are actually quite charming, but most of the others range from boring to annoying to just plain weird. Not weird in the good way, either. The animation is actually quite good, and Aika is very hot (both transformed and untransformed) if you are into animated girls. Admit it, you are. But the thing that really bugged me more than anything else in this series:

PANTY SHOTS!!!

Holy cow, you can't go two seconds without a close up of an unnamed identically uniformed bad girl's crotch! I'm not opposed to the occasional fanservice (I am, after all , a fan) but these shots are completely unneccessary and gratuitous to the point that I was wincing and covering my eyes.

I think there are way better shows you can watch if you want fanservice, ones where you actually know, say, a character's name before you see her undies.

If you must watch, watch the subbed not the dubbed version. The show is inane enough without horrible voice actors.